There is a reason why most electronics device periodically needs firmware update. Manufacturers of electronic devices make improvements in the program so that the device can function more smoothly and fix all the bugs. These improvements are known as firmware updates. Just like all the other devices, Arlo camera too needs firmware update so that it can work properly and you won’t face any technical glitch.
This article covers whole information about Arlo camera firmware update and the methods to perform this process. We will discuss if users themselves need to update it or the camera automatically release updates in all the connected device. We will know everything in the below-listed article.
More about Arlo Firmware update
Arlo firmware update happens automatically but can be done by manually too. From the time between 3:00 am to 5:00 am, the company release its update and all the connected Arlo device gets updated automatically. If in case there is a major update, you may not be able to stream videos until it gets completed.
Note:- Audio and motion detection will work during the update and your camera will record everything based on currently selected mode.
The method of manually updating Arlo Ultra, Arlo, Arlo Pro, or Arlo Pro 2 is different from Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Go.
Follow the steps to update Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Go
Here’s how you can do this:-
To perform this, you must have an Arlo app installed on your computer. Now follow each given step and apply the same.
- Launch the Arlo app on your smartphone.
- Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select your camera (Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Go camera).
- Click on the Device Info > Firmware > Update.
Warning: Make sure you are not disconnecting your camera, open the battery door, or remove the battery during the process.
- The firmware update will proceed.
- When the firmware is downloading, the camera’s LED blinks amber and blue.
- Once it gets installed, the camera will reboot and LED’s will off.
After a while, the LED will light and your camera will be available to stream.
Note: Do not make any disruption during the process as it may interrupt this process.
#For Arlo Ultra, Arlo, Arlo Pro, or Arlo Pro 2
- Open Arlo app on your smartphone or access my.Arlo.com from your browser.
- Next, tap Settings > My Devices and choose Smart Hub or base station.
- Click on Device Info button > Firmware > Update.
- Lastly, wait a few minutes until the update is completed.
Important:- Repeat these steps for each camera you want to update.
During the installation, the base station Power LED blinks green. Once it gets installed, the LED of the base station will blink blue. In case, if you need help regarding the process, you can connect with the service team which is 24/7 available for their valued customers. To know more, connect with our service team and get an instant help.